Aug 05, 2022
Using your counselor ID and password, log in to Genius. If you can’t remember your password, click the “forgot password” link.
- Click the Students tab at the top of the page.
- Click the name of the student whose information will be updated.
- Click Edit Information on the left side of the page and enter the student’s updated information as needed.
- Click the Save button.
Please note the following when updating a student's information:
- Student and parent/guardian email addresses: Please follow these guidelines for email addresses.
- STI: Each student's State Testing Identifier (STI) is a 9- or 10-digit number beginning with 101 or 102. Every student enrolled in a Virginia public school must have an STI. This data is reported to the VDOE twice a year. Please ensure this information is accurate for each student in VVA's Genius SIS.
- Accommodations: Student accommodation documents related to IEPs, 504s, etc. may be directly uploaded to the student's profile page by following these instructions:
- On the student's profile page, click External Files on the far left.
- Click Upload New File.
- Enter the appropriate information.
- Choose a file to upload.
- Click Upload.