You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.

Showing articles from enrollment tag

What constitutes a transfer enrollment?

During the academic year, three types of transfer enrollment requests may be made: military transfers, transfers related to documented medical conditions, and transfers to the local school. A transfer enrollment to a Virtual Virginia course may be made only if the student was already enrolled in the equivalent course—…

Should students register as a group through the school or individually?

Students should confer with their school counselor. The school counselor will register the school and enroll the students using [Genius][1], Virtual Virginia’s online registration system and student information system. Counselors may access course grades in Genius at the end of each semester. School counselors may dow…

Who pays the enrollment fee?

Enrollment fees are paid directly to the Virginia Department of Education. Enrollment fee payments are the responsibility of the enrolling party and may be made via Visa, Mastercard, or Discover debit/credit card, or by invoice.

Is there a limit to the number of courses a school may offer or the number of students who can enroll?

Virginia public schools will have the option of fee-based enrollment in Virtual Virginia middle school and high school courses beyond the statewide program allotment. All Virtual Virginia enrollments are provided on a first- come, first-served basis pending available openings in each course. For more information, see …

Can a parent or guardian enroll a student in the Summer Session?

No. The enrollment must be done by the local school. (Note: Only a homeschooled student may be enrolled by their parent/guardian.)

Who pays the enrollment fee for Virginia private schools, homeschooled, out-of-state, and international students?

Enrollment fees for Virginia private school, homeschooled, out-of-state, and international students are the responsibility of the enrolling party and may be paid via Visa, Mastercard or Discover debit/credit card.

Who can enroll in the full-time program?

Students who meet the course prerequisites—and have approval from the local public school—may enroll in the program through their school counselor. The full-time program may serve public, private, and homeschooled students who enroll through their local public school.

How do I enroll my child in the full-time program?

Contact your local school counselor to enroll in the full-time program.

What is the general process for VVA enrollment?

## **School Account Creation** Virginia public schools must create a Virtual Virginia account. To ensure your school has an existing account or to create a new school account, please contact the VVA registrar at [[email protected]][1]. ## **Course Enrollment** * **Step 1:** The enrolling school/division cou…

scroll to top icon